When’s the last time your healthcare practice updated your custom office signs? Did you know that patients form their first impressions based on the exterior of your facility, as well as the waiting room and reception areas? For example, worn or damaged healthcare signs, incorrect lobby signs, or missing ADA signs are all elements that have a huge impact on how patients perceive the quality of the care they will receive from your medical practice. In fact, patients are more likely to share details about their overall first impression of your business far more frequently than the treatment they received.
Choosing the right custom office signs for your healthcare office is an important step in your business strategy. Effective medical office architectural signage should look professional, support patient privacy, and promote cleanliness and safety within your facility.
Effective Use Of Healthcare Signs For Your Medical Office
Effective healthcare signs that installed inside and outside your facility showcase your professionalism and add warmth and personality to your office, which helps patients trust that you will take care of them. It’s common for medical complexes to be difficult to navigate, so having clear and easy to read signs is an important element to consider. As mentioned, all signs should be well maintained and consistent, meaning your logo, branding, and colors should be uniformly used on all signage.
- ADA Signs.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) specifies that businesses and public facilities must include signage with a certain feature in order to make the space inclusive to all visitors. Adherence to these standards is not just a good idea, it’s the law. ADA signage should be included in the following areas:• Designated handicap parking spots.
• Interior signage to denote offices, washrooms, lobby areas, and waiting rooms.
• Exterior signs that denote stairwells, safety hazards, or other regulations.The Sign Factory can customize ADA compliant signage to fit into your architectural signage strategy. We’ll ensure that the signs are attractive and complement your branding, but are also fully compliant with the law.
- Signs That Support Patient Privacy.
Privacy is extremely important for medical offices. Custom office signs that help provide privacy are:• Clear and easy to read wayfinding signs that help reduce the number of patients asking for directions or ending up in the wrong location or room.
• Window graphics that can provide patient privacy, while still allowing light to enter a room.
- Signs That Promote Safety And Cleanliness.
Choosing 3D dimensional letters made from metal, such as stainless steel or aluminum, means that your signs will be easy to clean while creating a sophisticated look.Additionally, all of your architectural signage should be strategically placed to let all patients know of any stairs, steps, or other potential hazards they should be aware of. Using illuminated signage is another way of making sure your space is safe for visitors.
- Custom Lobby Signs.You may think that your healthcare office may not benefit from a custom lobby sign, but the reality is that visitors coming to your office are looking for a welcoming ambiance, as they may be a little stressed or nervous about being in your office. The right lobby sign can transform your lobby area into a positive space that puts patients at ease and leaves them feeling confident about being in your care.
Find The Right Healthcare Signs For Your Medical Office
Healthcare signs are essential for clinics, doctor’s offices, outpatient facilities, and hospitals. When you work with The Sign Factory, you’ll be able to create custom office signs for your medical office that will meet your specific needs. Supporting the entire Charlotte Metro area and business communities throughout the Carolinas, The Sign Factory can provide healthcare facilities with quality interior and exterior signage that will reflect your reputation as a professional service. Whether you’re building a new facility, or are simply in need of updated architectural signage, contact The Sign Factory today to start creating your effective signage solutions.